Monday, January 28, 2008

Kelby and Cricket!

Kelby and Cricket, Best Friends in the whole world :) I bought Kelby a halter and lead rope along with some more horse tack for his birthday so not only did he want to go out to Velma on Saturday to feed and water , he wanted to use his new toys. But Cricket had other plans, since Kelby didn't go out and see him on Friday night he was pretty cranky (he gets that way if Kelby misses a day! I think it's his way of punishing Kelby!) Anyhoo, we get there and here comes Cricket, walkin up to the fence cause he knows when we pull up he's gona get some sweet feed! Kelby feeds him and then tries to put the halter on him , but that didn't go to well. Cricket keeps turning around, acting like he's gona kick and walking off, so Kelby kinda gives up. So now that Cricket thinks he won, he walks back over to the feed bucket and starts eating again, I decide I'll try to get the halter on him so I walk over there put some feed in my hands and start petting him and talking to him but what he don't know is I have the lead rope behind my back and when he's not looking i quickly slipped it over his neck! Oddly enough, he didn't even try to get away from me so i slowly grab the halter and slid that sucker right on with out any problems! He don't have a problem once you catch him, he's fine as can be! So after I put the halter on him we started brushing him cause his mane and tail looked like a rats nets with all those burs in there from rolling around in the weeds! Got that done and then Kelby messed aroud with him for a little bit longer, walking him around getting him used to the halter and lead rope again and practicing his manners :) This is usually a weekly thing for us! We always go to Velma Saturday to feed and water, Kelby don't want me to mess with Cricket to much because he thinks that if he gets to used to me he won't listen to Kelby :) LOL Um...... I think it's a little to late for that! I'm gona love watching Kelby try to put the blanket and saddle on him next time, I'll probly have to come to the rescue again!!!!

2 comments:

mornin'lady said...

Great pictures, wonder why Kelb didn't get any of you and the horse, hee hee

delby lee said...

Hmmmm. i wounder about that too :) Probly cause he knows how taleted i am with Cricket! I'm like..."Debbie, The Horse Whisperer".......LOL